The Baltimore Station
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours
Location: South Baltimore Station/Baker Street Station
Salary Range: $15 per hour
The Baltimore Station is an innovative therapeutic residential and outpatient treatment program supporting veterans who are overcoming obstacles to re-gain self-sufficiency.
The Residential Attendant is responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of a facility or shelter. This includes the overall physical safety and mental behaviors of each client.
- Collect and record data as required in programs, daily log, behavioral documentation, medical, safety, etc.
- Manage medication room and medication log according to policy and procedures as required by state medication regulations.
- Maintain order at front desk: overseeing individual entry into the building, having guest sign in, greeting/directing visitors and answering calls
- Collect, log and properly code daily urinalysis samples from clients
- The ability to make emotionally sound decisions during emergencies within and outside of the facility
- Provide the needed transportation for individuals to partake of community activities and necessary medical appointments
- Accompany clients to program events in the community including leisure activities while maintaining ethical boundaries and communication with supervisor
- Oversee tidiness of the facility, and ensure chores assigned to residents are carried out
- Maintain a safe environment and carries out all safety rules
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Minimum one-year experience working in a residential treatment setting or related field preferred.
- Must have clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess proficient typing and writing skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Experience with multi-cultural/multi-lingual populations and multi-disciplinary teams preferred
- Respect for the strict confidentiality of all communications required within job duties
- Other duties as assigned
Regularly walk, stand or stoop; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.