The Baltimore Station
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours, flexible
Location: South Baltimore Station & Baker Street Station
The full-time cook for The Baltimore Station is responsible for food services and daily kitchen operations in the residential treatment program. Primary duties are to oversee daily activity of the food program, operations of the kitchen and equipment. Additional duties may include accepting food donations and supervising volunteers.
- Oversee the operation of preparing the kitchen, food and beverages for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and 2 Snacks for all men in the residential program.
- Maintain kitchen Policy and Procedures.
- Adhere to all sanitation and cleanliness regulations in accordance to the Health Department, and quality control standards.
- Maintain compliance with regulations and mandates involving food and safety.
- Supervise volunteers in food handling/preparation.
- Accept and record food donations in accordance of the kitchen Policy and Procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned to ensure ease of kitchen operations in high volume kitchen.
- Ability to work at both facilities, and during any shift.
- Availability to work AM/PM shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a high-volume kitchen.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills; excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Approachable professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal direct supervision.
- ServSafe Manager Certification, or willing to pursue certification.
- Strong attention to detail.
Regularly walk, stand or stoop; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.